RENNER, James Oscar 1666,1667
- Born: 21 Feb 1920, Greene County, Tennessee, United States 1667
- Marriage: DOWNING, Doris in 1948 in Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States 1666
- Died: 11 Mar 2013 1667
- Buried: 15 Mar 2013, Flint Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, Tennessee 1667
Noted events in his life were:
1. Obituary: Bradley County, Tennessee, United States. James (Oscar) Renner was born on February 21, 1920 and celebrated his 93rd birthday a few weeks ago. His life's journey was completed on Monday, March 11, 2013. He was a faithful member of First Baptist Church.
He was born in Greene County, Tennessee and moved to Bradley County in 1924.
He served in the US Army Field Artillery during World War II in Fayetteville, North Carolina. There he met the love of his life, Doris Downing, and they were happily married for 63 years.
He was a member of Bradley County Farm Bureau and was inducted into the Agricultural Hall of Fame in 1995. He was a member of Dairymen, Inc. and was named Outstanding Conservation Farmer of 1979 by the Bradley Soil Conservation District for his efforts to conserve soil, water and related resources. He and Doris operated a farm in the Red Hill community for approximately 50 years.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Doris; and parents, W. A. and Louisa Renner. He was also preceded in death by his siblings: Clara Bennett, Dorothy McCoy, Willie Ruth May, Sue Ada Clabo, Marvin Renner, Paul Renner, Archie Renner (infant) and several nieces and nephews.
He is survived by two sisters who cherish his memory: Chassie Renner Hannah and Amy Dean Pinckard and many nieces and nephews. Our thanks to Cora and David Shope and Kaye and Josh Edwards for taking excellent care of Uncle Oscar.
Funeral services will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, March 15, 2013 in the Chapel of Fike Funeral Home with the Reverend Jim Gibson officiating. Interment will follow at Flint Springs Cemetery with Kyle Holmes, Vernon Renner, Ernie Scroggins, Ashley Senters, David Allen Clabo, Kenneth Renner, Bobby McCoy and Olin Bennett serving as pallbearers. A white dove release ceremony will conclude the service.
His family will receive friends from 5:00 \endash 7:00 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
2. Occupation: Dairy Farmer.
James married Doris DOWNING, daughter of Daniel Lon DOWNING and Mary Belle BREECE, in 1948 in Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States.1666 (Doris DOWNING was born on 18 Jul 1915 in Cumberland County, North Carolina, United States,1666,1668,1669 died on 14 Aug 2011 in Bradley County, Tennessee, United States 1666,1669 and was buried on 17 Aug 2011 in Flint Springs Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, Tennessee 1666.)