- Born: Abt 1759 1387
- Marriage: UNKNOWN, Elizabeth
- Died: 12 Mar 1812, Maury County, Tennessee, United States
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1800, Lancaster District, South Carolina, United States. Robert McCain [maybe this one] household includes 3 males under 10, 2 males 26-45, 1 female 16-26. (Lancaster District, SC, p9)
2. Story. 1394 Rev John Nesbit McCain, in his 1886 letter to a nephew in Pine Bluff, AR, wrote "my said grandpa William had six brothers .. Robert McCain settled on the Caney Fork of the Cumberland River (in Tennessee)." There are some possible descendents of Robert also listed.
3. Story. 1395 This probably is the Robert McCain who was living next to William Nutt in Lancaster County, SC. They probably moved to Maury County, TN together. Robert's wife was Elizabeth, and when Robert was recorded as deceased 12 Mar 1812, his widow and William Nutt were the executors. Possibly Elizabeth was William's sister. She was living in Henry County, TN in 1840. The McCain Cumberland Presbyterian Church is still active in Maury Co, TN, and is where the McCain family is buried, near Columbia.
Robert married Elizabeth UNKNOWN. (Elizabeth UNKNOWN died after 1840.)