|HARRIS, Alfred Hadley, Rev.
HARRIS, Alfred Hadley, Rev.
Alfred Harris, b 9-28-1854 (Spring MM records, p57, p62).
Tombstone at South Fork says Rev Alfred H Harris, b 9-28-1854, d 2-2-1942, husband of Mary.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 27 Mar 1875, Spring Mtg, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States. 1222 Alfred H. Harris received on request.
2. Census, 1880, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Alfred H Harris is 25, farmer, with wife Mary Jane (25, keeping house), daughter Ida C (6), daughter Mary Ina (2), and son James A (1). Next door is Alvis Harris. (Chatham Co, Hadley Twp, ED 24, sheet 30)
3. Census, 1900, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Alfred H Harris is 45, b Sep 1854, farmer, owns his farm, married 26 years to wife Mary J (45, b Dec 1854, 9 children, all living), with son Edward B (16, b Aug 1883), son Albert P (11, b Mar 1889), son William P (7, b Dec 1892), daughter Bertha (19, b May 1881), daughter Essie M (15, b Jan 1885), and daughter Lillie M (13, b Jan 1887). (Chatham Co, Hadley Twp, ED 9, sheet 9, family 182)
4. Census, 1920, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Alfred H Harris is 65, a farmer who owns his farm on Plainfield Rd, living with wife Mary J (65). He is next door to A Newsome Lindley. (Chatham Co, Albright Twp, ED 1, sheet 3, line 93)
5. Census, 1930, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. Alfred Harris is 75, a farmer who owns his farm. He is living with wife Jane (75) and daughter Essie Lindley (45, married). Alfred and Jane were married when he was 18 and she was 17. (Chatham Co, Albright Twp, ED 1, family 61)
6. Occupation: Farmer.
7. Religion: Quaker.
Alfred married Mary Jane LINDLEY, daughter of James LINDLEY and Julia A. STOCKARD, on 18 Aug 1872 in Home Of Franklin Crutchfield. (Mary Jane LINDLEY was born on 12 Dec 1854 in Chatham County, North Carolina, United States,1211,1221 died on 20 May 1942 873 and was buried in South Fork Cemetery, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 873.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Story. 1215 Children Ida C, 2 infants, Ina, Allie, Bertha Mae, Edward Benjamin (a minister), Essie, Lelia Marie, Albert Peele, and William Paul. Owen Lindley officiated at their wedding. They were members of South Fork Friends Church. More info available in Harris/Lindley family folder in Pittsboro Library.