- Marriage: PUSEY, Mary on 25 Sep 1742 in New Garden Mtg, Chester County, Pennsylvania Colony 1098
- Buried: Napton Burying Ground, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 1074
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence, 25 Sep 1742, New Castle County On Delaware, Pennsylvania Colony. 1098
2. Story. Came from Newcastle Co, Del, to Chatham County, NC. Most of his family went into Fayette Co, PA, and thence westward. Joseph was a great land trader in NC. Records show that he was constantly trading parcels of land. His home tract was on Tick Ridge, 3 miles S of the present Siler City. In 1781 his estate was inventoried at 1095 pounds sterling. At one time he was cited for a four-fold tax for refusing to render military service. Children Jesse, Samuel, Joseph, Soloman, Nathan, and two boys who died young. Nathan married Sarah Winters and raised a family of eight in Chatham County. They are buried in the Dixon plot in the old Napton burying ground on Tick Ridge. Jesse, Samuel, and Joseph went into Ross County, Ohio.
Joseph married Mary PUSEY on 25 Sep 1742 in New Garden Mtg, Chester County, Pennsylvania Colony.1098 (Mary PUSEY was buried in Napton Burying Ground, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 1074.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Marriage Notice, 25 Sep 1742, New Garden Mtg, Chester County, Pennsylvania Colony. 1098 Joseph Dixson married Mary Pusey.