McCAIN, Parley Walkup 138
- Born: 25 Oct 1912, North Carolina, United States 138
- Marriage: STRAWN, Georgia
- Died: 3 Aug 2007 138
- Buried: Walkersville Presbyterian Church, Union County, North Carolina, United States 138
Tombstone says Parley Walkup McCain, (Oct 25)1912-(Aug 3) 2007. Parens from transcriber.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1920, Union County, North Carolina, United States. Parley McCain is 7, living with parents. (Jackson Twp, Union Co, NC, family 134)
2. Census, 4 Apr 1930, Jackson Twp, Union County, North Carolina, United States. 139
1) McCain, W. Banks, head of household, owns his farm, age 48, married at 19, born NC, parents born NC, farmer
2) McCain, Maggie B., wife, age 45, married at 15, born NC, parents born NC
3) McCain, Grady L., son, age 18, born NC, farm laborer
4) McCain, Parley W., son, age 17, born NC, farm laborer
5) McCain, Ruby L., daughter, age 15, attends school, born NC, farm laborer
6) McCain, John J., son, age 14, attends school, born NC, farm laborer
7) McCain, Maxwell W., son, age 12, attends school, born NC, farm laborer
8) McCain, Luke W., son, age 11, attends school, born NC, farm laborer
9) McCain, Frank K., son, age 9, attends school, born NC, farm laborer
10) McCain, Margaret M., daughter, age 7, attends school, born NC
11) McCain, Doris M., daughter, age 6, attends school, born NC
12) McCain, Noel H., son, age 4, born NC
13) Brewer, Anna, daughter, age 27, widow, born NC, farm laborer
14) Brewer, Mabel E., granddaughter, age 7, attends school, born TN, father born TN, mother born NC
15) Brewer, R. Howard, grandson, age 4, born NC
16) Brewer, Ethel B., granddaughter, age 2, born NC.
3. Obituary. LANCASTER -- Parley Walkup McCain, 94, died late Friday August 3, 2007. Parley was born in Union County, NC October 25, 1912 son of the late William Banks and Maggie Kimbrell McCain. He was a US Army, World War II veteran and a retired employee of Springs Industries. Parley was preceded in death by his wife, Georgia Strawn McCain and a son-in-law, William Marvin York.
Funeral services will be held Monday August 6, 2007 at 11:00 AM in Walkersville Presbyterian Church. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends Sunday August 5, 2007 from 5:00 until 7:00 PM at Gordon Funeral & Cremation Service, 1904 Lancaster Ave., Monroe, NC 28112.
Parley is survived by a son, Randy Parley McCain and his wife, Ronda of Lancaster, SC; daughters, Mary Janice York and Vickie Dale Langley and her husband, Tony both of Lancaster, SC; sister, Doris Eller of Charlotte, NC; eight grandchildren and eleven great grandchildren.
Memorials are requested to Walkersville Presbyterian Church, 6204 Brady Rd., Waxhaw, NC 28173 or Home Care/Hospice of Lancaster, 902 W. Meeting St., Suite A, Lancaster, SC 29720.
Online condolences may be made at www.gordonfuneralservice.com.
Gordon Funeral & Cremation Service is caring for the McCain family. Published in the Charlotte Observer on 8/5/2007.
Parley married Georgia STRAWN. (Georgia STRAWN was born in 1915,140 died in 1998 140 and was buried in Walkersville Presbyterian Church, Union County, North Carolina, United States 140.)