- Born: 27 Nov 1782, North Carolina, United States 432
- Marriage (1): PYLE, Sarah
- Marriage (2): LOVE, Mary
- Died: 12 Sep 1860, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States 432
- Buried: Spring Mtg Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 873
John Braxton b 27 Nov 1782, d 12 Sep 1860 in Chatham Co, NC, m1 Sarah Pyle (d/o Jehu Pyle), m2 Mary Love (d/o William and Nancy Love).
John Braxton buried at Spring Mtg Cemetery, tombstone shows b 1782, d 1860. He was son of Thomas Braxton and Mary McPherson. He married first Sarah Pyle, second Mary Love. Mary Love is also buried there, b 1801, d 1844. She was daughter of Wm Love and Nancy Dunn.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census, 1850, Chatham County, North Carolina, United States. John Braxton is 67, farmer, living with Thomas (22, farmer), Miranda (20), John (18, farmer), Ira (16, farmer), Mary A (14), William E (12), and Hiram (9). (Chatham Co, Upper Regiment, p363)
2. Occupation: Farmer.
John married Sarah PYLE, daughter of Jehu PYLE and Ruth LINDLEY. (Sarah PYLE died before 1844.)
John next married Mary LOVE. (Mary LOVE was born in 1801,432,873 died on 9 Dec 1884 432 and was buried in Spring Mtg Cemetery, Alamance County, North Carolina, United States 873.)